Sunday, October 23, 2011

letter...

Mrs. Cline,

This semester has been an interesting one, for me anyway.  My personal life has been a little crazy, therefore I feel my schooling habits have been as well.  This is definitely my biggest challenge.  Online learning can be hard, but I have to say that you have been a great help.  Your videos and resources have really helped me to stay on top of things.  They have also helped me to fully and thoroughly understand what is being asked, which I can't say the same for other online courses I have taken.  Other than that, I have also had a tough time with the poetry.  I have always been this way, so it's nothing new.   I have never really done literary analysis, so it has been a bit difficult.  I m more productive as a factual writer in such classes like biology.  Your comments have been of great help, though!   The readings in the course have been really great too.  I have enjoyed what were are learning and discussing and I think that it really makes a difference.  It's hard to keep track if you aren't interested, and I have been! I read Frankenstein my junior year of high school, and I didn't get much out of it.  This time around I was able to really dig into it and understand deeper meanings and how it relates to the author. I can't wait to do the mid term also!!!! I think I might do something along the lines of witches. They have always fascinated me, but I haven't yet found something to read…Hopefully I will soon!  



Sincerely,

Jamie Cottrell

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that online learning is a tad difficult and finding the time to do everything outside or work and family can be hard. Poetry definitly is not my cup of tea either. Good luck with your mid-term assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about personal lives affecting schooling. I feel like I've been in a whirlwind for several weeks now. I was laid off of my job (I work full time to provide for my wife and son) and had to quickly find another job. Talk about stressful! Then my son had his first birthday which became quite the task for my wife and I to throw him a little party and squeeze in a trip to the Phoenix Zoo for his special day. Anyway, I guess that's why online learning works for people like us so that we can actually fit our schooling in to these hectic lives we have without slowing down or stopping. Best of luck to you for the second half of class!

    ReplyDelete