Sunday, October 30, 2011

spoooooks!

For the final project I have had a lot of trouble deciding on what to write about.  Picking Option #2 because who wouldn't want to read and write about spooks?  I have a large interest in ghosts, goblins, monsters and all of the other "villains" or creatures that go bump in the night.  After going back and fourth I think I am set on the werewolf.  The primary source that made me choose werewolves was The Wolf Man.  A film first made in the early 1940's, then readapted last year, in 2010.  It depicts the classic tale of a man returning to his homeland only to be bitten and transformed into a werewolf.  I haven't found a specific text that I want to use because there are many stories portraying this same concept.  I hope to open people up to the idea that the werewolf is just a man with monsters inside that he cannot hold back.  We all have a dark side, but we have the choice on how much is allowed out, unlike the wolf man.  I plan to use many different sources.  I found a good site… www.werewolves.com that is full of pictures and stories about werewolves that I thought was pretty cool!!


photo credit: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TheWolfMan?from=Main.TheWolfMan

No comments:

Post a Comment